Friday, February 29, 2008

Skimming

I have snow fatigue. It's snowing here for the, and this is a conservative guess, 392nd consecutive day. And we only have maybe four inches on the ground. Even God can't make something amount to anything in Pittsburgh. Honestly, I don't know how people in Buffalo or Syracuse do it. I'm sick of seeing it snow. It's not inconveniencing my life in any way, I just want to see something different. Like maybe the sun. Just a thought.

If you're a non-ten-digit-amputee, cross all your fingers that my wife gets the job she's going after in DC. Right now, the thought of moving back there is my snow shovel at the end of the tunnel. If it doesn't happen, I'll be ok, don't worry about that. But mentally and emotionally, we've sort of put our eggs in that basket, and it'd be nice for something, anything, to go right in Pittsburgh before we leave.

(On a totally unrelated note, have you ever done something you promised yourself you would never, ever do? And then you get a really queasy, sinking feeling in your stomach that you've violated a part of yourself that you held sacred for so long? Well, I have skim milk in my coffee because we were out of 2%. And now I have that sinking, queasy feeling. Then again, maybe the milk's just expired; I didn't think to check the date on it.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Big Ry said...

Big Ry hopes the Fannings come back. Mainly so i can that snow shovel and whack you over the head with it for standing me up the last time you were down here. Good times.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous mattystextbuddy said...

tell sarah good luck with the job search in dc
CAN'T WAIT FOR BASEBALL!! now i can watch all the games :)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home