Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fighter

When I was 17, I lost one of my best friends to cancer. So, the news that a fellow Sox blogger, Kaylee from Arizona, has been diagnosed with cancer, has hit me pretty hard. She's just a teenager, and she already went through open-heart surgery last year. She's a tough, spunky kid, and we all know she's gonna get through this. But, in the words of Bono, "If you're the praying kind, then turn this song into a prayer..." Or at least drop her a note of hope and encouragement at her blog where she announced her illness. You can check out her wacky, off-beat Sox blog here. Stop by and wish her well. I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Matt?

I was on a blog, from Krystle in NH, & read gthe blog, jumping to Kaylee's other Blog;

I read it, bursting into tears, then put together a Series of Links;

One of my Traditionalist Catholic Associates, is linked from my page & has posted a Novena in her honor;

Notified Peter in CT & The Q in Brooklyn, over this Tragedy;

It's that we of The Nation will be there for her in the Foreseeable Future

4:11 PM  
Blogger The Omnipotent Q said...

Nice post, Matty. I wrote a similar one the other day for her. I'm sure she's encouraged to see so many of us supporting her.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I hope so too. This is me on Tuesday Feb 26...my comments were shut out on kaylee's cancer blog...michael has explained why, to my dumbfoundedness, but I did write a post about her last week. It had all my heart's wishes expressed. Thanks Matty...coming here, as well as to John's and Mike's (and Jere, too, is like visiting family.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& she commented the Other Night on my blog, it felt so good:

Oremus that things are looking up for Kaylee

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home