Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's Like You're Reading my Mind, Man

So I waited on a guy tonight who, I found out through conversation, had recently moved to Pittsburgh from New York. And I told him that I'd recently moved here from DC and we were chatting about the culture shock of living here. He told me how glad he was to find a really nice restaurant (the one I work at). I asked him where else in Pittsburgh he'd eaten so far, and he said, "I don't know. A few places. I can't believe the food here. I went to someplace the other night and I swear the menus were deep-fried. I asked the waitress for a napkin and she brought me a Monte Cristo sandwich..."

And I knew how he felt. But I told him, and may God strike me dead, "Give it time. It grows on you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home