Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Knew This Was Coming...

Is this any surprise? I love the part from Derrick Mason. He has such a leg to stand on with this, since, you know, he tackled about four guys near the goal line to set up his buddy for that hail mary catch and didn't get called for offensive pass interference. Let me be clear on this: the refs were terrible last night. I thought they missed about three defensive holdings on the Ravens, one Balty facemask, and a couple illegal contact calls in the first three quarters. I don't want to sound too much like the Colts, but our receivers were getting mugged down field all night. Then, the laundry started flying. At the most critical point of the game. So, sorry, Baltimore, but as #12 said, "It evens out."

None of that excuses Bart Scott's ridiculous, and hilarious, double personal foul, whipping the first flag into the stands and basically costing his team, probably, at least 25-30 yards in field position on that last drive. Our kick coverage was terrible last night; I'll bet Billick would have liked to see Figurs get a chance to return one more to set up that last Ravens drive. When teams self-destruct with penalties and dumb timeouts, why can't they just accept the fact that the lights got too bright and the moment got too big? Why isn't anyone pointing the finger at Kyle Boller for chucking a horrendous INT? Why isn't anyone calling out Ed Reed for sloppily carrying the ball on his INT runback, leading to Kevin "Stabbed by" Faulk's (thanks, Jere) awesome, Troy Brown-esque tackle/forced fumble? Why isn't anyone laying the blame on the Ravens DBs for getting greedy and laying all over the Pats receivers, just assuming the calls weren't gonna come? Why can't the Ravens accept the fact that they gave us a hell of a shot, a damn near knockout punch, and we got up? Again...God, quit crying already.

6 Comments:

Anonymous mattystextbuddy said...

and how could have no one comment on the weird surrealness of billick blowing kisses at harrison??? weird. and an early highlight of wilfork and his team introductions. priceless.

11:07 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

Kudos on kisses and intros...more of what made last night one for the ages...whatever the hell that means...I'm gonna have an "Ages Party" and everybody can bring their "one for the ages." It'll be BYOOFTA...

11:18 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

I thought the Billick thing was funny.

I imagine you are getting more than the usual amount of crap this week out in Pitt? Glad this is a home game and we have the 12th man. Plus a field that is not a swamp anymore.

Lets hope the Steelers can't break another one of our streaks.

GO PATS

10:35 AM  
Blogger MattySox said...

Oh, believe me, Ernie, the Yinzers are out in force this week...it's one thing to be married to a die-hard Steelers fan but it's another thing to work w/ 40 of 'em...I have the utmost confidence that come 8pm on Sunday, I will have the only smiling face in this town...

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Muse said...

1. Billick is a douche bag. The kisses creeped me out terribly - that was possibly worse than the Jeff Fischer snot-cicle...

2. Don't paint all Steelers fans with the same brush. I can read, I don't speak yinzer and I am not an asshole about supporting my team or about other people supporting their team.

2. It's my birthday weekend, and the Steelers owe me a win...

7:45 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

You loved the snot-cicle and you know it...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home