Monday, October 29, 2007

So Different...

Well, I'm still at work, waiting for these two jackasses to finish cleaning the exhaust hood system in the restaurant. Now that I've had a couple hours to reflect on the Sox winning it all AGAIN!!! I just feel lonely.

Part of what makes being a Sox fan so great is the instant camraderie you feel with every Sox fan you meet. Every time I was in DC, Ireland, Pittsburgh, wherever, as soon as you see those two red socks on a hat, you just kind of nod. It's like a gang sign almost. We're in this together. I feel you, brother.

Experiencing the 2004 Series win, with all my closest friends and family around me was amazing. Experiencing the 2007 Series win, by myself, well, it's not the same. I'm a jump-around-huggin'-high-fivin'-going-crazy-where-are-the-shots-I'll-be-home-at-5am kinda guy. That's just me. It's tough to be that guy when you're the only Sox fan in the room.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

But we're all here with you on-line!!!! In fact, I just e-doused Leggett!

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home