Sunday, October 07, 2007

I Guess This is Growing Up

Remember how excited I was to watch a "whole" Red Sox game? Yeah, well, not so much. Thanks to both my exhaustion and the super comfortable recliners in my in-laws sunroom, I think I fell asleep about three times during the game. Some fan, huh? I did see Manny and Papi do their thing early, dozed off during the first two runs in the eighth, but caught the rest of the piling on and then the eventual pile on. Good times, man. That was about as calm as I've ever been during a Sox playoff game. We've got so much else on our minds right now, and I'm getting used to this later work schedule and we were out all morning looking at

THE HOUSE WE'RE GOING TO BUY!

We think we've found it. It's, as the Punkymom said, "[our] dream house." More details to follow, cause I don't really want to jinx it. Suffice it to say, we have a preliminary deal done but we need to finalize all the details. But it's pretty sweet...

Anyway, wasn't ever really stressed about this Angels series. I don't know if that's because I've had so little time to devote to worrying about anything regarding the Red Sox or if I just knew that we own them. Either way, I haven't really lost a moment's sleep over this series. And you know what, I'm not sure I will over the next series either. It's not a lack of caring, or a sense of arrogance that's leading me to say that. Maybe it's just a sense of perspective. Pretty annoying this time of year, but what can you do? I just can't be as single-minded about any one thing, like the Sox, as I used to be. And yes, you can remind me that I said all this when I'm pulling my hair out and trying on six different caps in the thirteenth inning of a 1-1 ALCS game six...But until then, I swear I'll be cool...

And, oh yeah, these guys are pretty good, too...

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

My hats have to be in the exact right order on the mantle above the fireplace....or I'd blame me, only me, if something bad happened to our Sox. So far, so great!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home