Saturday, September 08, 2007

15

As usual, I saw bits and pieces of the game at work, but did glance up in time to see Daniel Cabrera going crazy...What's with these done-nothing hacks thinking they're Bob Gibson? First fat Jub-Jub, now this guy? Throwing at Dustin "That Pitcher Sucks!" Pedroia...I love what DP said after the game, wishing Cabrera had stayed in because he's 9-15 and Dustin wanted to line another hit up the middle off of him. Seriously, I'll say it again: How could I have ever doubted Dustin Pedroia? He is on the verge of taking a spot in the Matty's Favorite Red Sox Player Hall of Fame...

One additional note on Thursday night's Red Sox outing, and I can't state this clearly enough: The Big Ry was there with us, if only in spirit and drooping eyelids by the sixth inning. Sorry to leave you out, buddy...

Now, on to the Pats...The Brady jersey is on, as I currently type this, continuing my tradition of wearing my jersey the day before and the day of the game. The Punkymom and I will be out at, most likely, the Lucky Bar tomorrow so that she can watch her beloved, albeit cheapshot artist, Steelers most likely beat the Browns and so that I can watch something that gives me pleasure second only to the Yankees losing to the Sox. That, of course, is watching the Jets lose to the Patriots. No Harrison, no Seymour, no problem. I am super psyched to see what our recharged passing game can do. Remember- if Brady goes deep to Moss on the first play from scrimmage, you heard it hear first. One sidenote- if you're the gambling kind, I won't be mad if you take the Jets and the six and a half points...kind of a weird line. The Jets are at home, and we are without two defensive starters, so the line seems a tad large. That said, I still think we'll win by 21. That's the kind of asshole I am...

Here's to hoping the next post title is "13"...

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& Jets Fans cheered the injury to their own QB:

The Current Edition is mostly Yankees Fans

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home