Friday, August 17, 2007

To Have and Have Not...Not that I Mean to Bragg

I really wanted to make my 165th post really special, so I waited over two months until I had some really important, meaningful things to say...

Here's how I've spent my summer vacation...

I have not seen more than five or six Sox games on TV.

I have not seen the Sox in person.

I have been to one more Pirates game in person, Father's Day, than any other baseball game.

I have worked a lot.

I have listened to a guest in my restaurant allege that our valets had siphoned gas from her car.

I have regaled many the listener with the tale of how some guy in my expensive restaurant got ricchochet-pooped-on by a homeless man who snuck into our nicely-appointed restrooms.

I have told many people that Michael Vick's lawyers were planning to use the "Them dogs is lying!" defense if his case goes to trial.

I have been hoping that Michael Vick's case goes to trial so that they can bury that inhumane bastard of bastards.

I have been having a love-hate affair with the Orioles.

I have not seen any good concerts.

I have been simultaneously looking forward to, and dreading, our eventual, but not definite, move to Pittsburgh.

I have enjoyed, but probably couldn't really afford, the Kona-crusted NY Strip steak at Capital Grille twice.

I have beaten my wife approximately 5-6 times at Pop Culture Edition Trivial Pursuit, no matter if she plays the roaming gnome piece or the KISS boot.

I have watched my kids grow up beyond my wildest dreams.

I have fallen even more in love with my wife, if that's even possible.

I have drunk too much beer.

I have updated SBF far too infrequently.

I have read all of your blogs and commented not as religiously as always.

I have missed having the time to write about things that make me laugh.

I have gotten a pretty good tan.

I have been secretly rooting for Hung on Top Chef, despite how I always tell my wife that he's a douchebag.

I have been dreading, and lately experiencing, the Yankee comeback I knew would eventually happen.

I have been telling everyone who will listen that if the Pats don't throw a 60-yard fly pattern to Randy Moss on their first play from scrimmage against the Jets in week one then this whole season is a waste of time.

I have been sweating my ass off during the hottest DC summer I can remember.

I have gotten sick of The Big Ry complaining that I don't blog anymore.

I have felt like a hypocrite for suddenly wanting to follow the Celtics again.

I have been wanting to order a Kevin Garnett Celtics jersey since the second they signed him.

I have been wanting a week off without kids.

I have been loving watching my kids fall in love with the swimming pool.

I have been putting off this post forever because I felt like I'd had a boring summer.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ernie said...

sounds like a pretty good summer break to me! Nice.

8:21 AM  
Blogger The Omnipotent Q said...

Nice to have you back, Matty.

And don't be a stranger here!

11:22 AM  
Blogger FINY said...

Doesn't sound boring at all! Of course, I could have added a little excitement by letting you know I was in the area last weekend - forgive me?

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post matty :) sorry you couldn't join us last week in baltimore...sounds like a pretty good summer EXCEPT for no live sox games...love the comments about the celtics and can't wait for the PATS!!!!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Ahhh, Matt, you have returned:

Welcome Back!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You're so sweet. I love you too.

And Hung is a total douche bag. I hate him.

8:51 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

And I thought you'd zero in on the fact that I've drunk too much beer this summer...

1:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

See, you already knew that, so I didn't need to comment on it...

3:21 PM  
Blogger 02145 said...

Pittsburgh?! Don't do it, man!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& I'll be at Fenway, this Friday Night

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home