Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Goodbye, Goodbye, Hello!

Three thoughts from today:

I read somewhere that one of Michael Vick's lawyers said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing here, but this should sound familiar to anybody that has read the Vick news from the last few days), "He's a father, and a son, and a human; I think people have lost sight of that."

Actually, we haven't. I didn't even know he was a father till I read that quote in umpteen different stories today. And it made the whole thing a lot more sad to me. I've read all these quotes from Falcons fans, and others as well, that lament the tarnished image he now presents to "young sports fans." But it made me really sad, and really mad, to find out he was a father. It's bad enough that thousands of parents around the country have to explain to their kids why he's going to jail. To me, though, how does he explain to his own kids why he's going away? I have no idea how old his kid/s are, but I pray to God they are too young to need an explanation. And if they aren't, then I damn well hope he tells them the truth about what a barbaric, sadistic fuck their father is/was. And I hope he helps them realize what an awful life he's led. Personally, I'm not a fan of dogs, but this story almost made me throw up my toast and coffee when I first read the details of the brutality of this case. I'll be the first to say he was an incredibly overrated quarterback in the NFL, but I'll also say that I hope he uses this experience to teach kids something, anything, from this. God help you, Michael Vick. You need it.
****************************************

To my buddy Ryan from the Old Ebbitt- may you enjoy moving into enemy territory in NYC. You and your beautiful wife are moving to the land of the asshole, but may you find sanctuary at Professor Thom's- look up the Mighty Quinn, and live happily ever after. I'll see you around...
****************************************

Thank you, Garrett Anderson, and your 10 RBIs. Six in hand with thirty-six to play sounds mighty good to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It made me sick when I found out he had kids too...

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Ry said...

Hey! 3 Matty's for posting twice in a week! 4 1/2 Ry's for being a tool and waiting like 3 months to be a man and write something. what a douche.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

NYC's a Great Place to be a Sawx Fan:

Bars are open until 4AM-ET

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home