Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ketchup

I'm not jinxing it, am I? The Sox have been doing pretty well without me commenting on their games...

Thirteen and a half is a big number. New York is imploding. Torre and Cashman are on the fast lane to the short bus to Firedsville- population? Them. So am I the only one who is still nervous? I don't even remember '78, and still, I keep thinking that if the Yanks start hitting, they can carry that big ERA around and still win 95 games. Of course, we're on pace to win 113 games. But still. Maybe it's just me.

Quick catch-up- I have left the wine sales job and am back with my old restaurant company, this time with DC Coast. (Sorry, Jere & Rick Vaughn- no hats in there either...) Consequently, I haven't had a lot of extra time on my hands like the last few months. Plus, my parents came down this past weekend to see the kids...I did hear Trot's ovation last night on the ol' radio on the internet thingy, but otherwise, I've been pretty out of touch except for daily box scores and standings checks...

I'll try to be around more often. Also, RIP Marquise Hill- not a Patriot for long, but a Patriot nonetheless.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ernie said...

I don't remember it either but my Yankee pals love to remind me of BFD. I think we learned in 78 that no lead is safe. SO gotta keep taking it one game at a time. It's not a sprint it's a marathon and all that. I tried thinking of another cliche but my brain froze.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I wonder if Roger's Roid Shipment will be on time?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Off-topic, but ON topic because today is June 1st. Here's why! On an anniversary note, it was 60 years ago today that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play. 20 years later, on June 1st, 1967, he and his bandmates released their self-titled album, SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND, and the face of music began its change. Thank you Sgt Pepper and the band. Billy Shears always held a special place near my heart.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jere said...

"I think we learned in 78 that no lead is safe."

Hey, that sounds like what the Yankees learned in 04!

Seriously, your Yankee fan friends remind you of Dent, tell 'em to go fuck themselves and then tie them to a chair and hold their eyes open Clockwork Orange style and make them watch those four games in a row. In slow motion.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

#700 is up, with my 1st Reason for Hating DFYankthese

10:31 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Jere?

With The Sound up with EVERY IDIOTIC Mc Carverism, imagineable;

#800 Post is up

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home