Friday, November 03, 2006

First Bob Ryan, Now This...

Sportswriters more well known than myself keep copying me without attribution. First, there was Bob Ryan over the summer who totally ripped off "The Unpopular Post." (SBF- August 22) Now, Bill Simmons has totally lifted the "I love playing the Colts" thing and run all over the ol' ESPN.com with it...can't these guys come up with something better? Answer: No. I'm the best.

Bill does tell a funny story about how Peyton Manning must feel now, having Adam Vinaitieri on his team...I remember against the Texans in 2003, when Adam missed at Reliant Stadium in regulation, then got another chance in OT, and I remember having nothing but confidence that he'd drill the winner despite missing earlier. And then that season's Super Bowl vs. the Panthers was at Reliant, and in the first half, he missed a shorty and had another one blocked, and still despite all his troubles at Reliant that season, I just KNEW he'd make the winner there with about 6 seconds left, just like he did against the Rams. And I remember my dad said, after the game, that he was certain Adam was gonna miss at the end, just because of laws of averages and such. And at the time, I said, no way, he's too clutch, etc. But you know what? Despite all his success as a Pat, and in Foxboro, I hereby make the following prediction: If Sunday night's game comes down to Adam's shot to win it, HE WILL MISS. Because Peyton can't beat Tom in a big game. Because the field at Gillette is shitty. Because of the law of averages. It's time, Adam. It's time to MISS...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Muse said...

You know I think you and Bill Simmons were separated at birth...

It would be a bit of karmic justice for Adam to go down like that...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Tom gave a wake up call to Peyton last week....throw at will, because I can and will every time. So I cannot wait for Sunday night. Prime time on NBC. And a sure rating success...something that's been hard to find for them so far this TV season, with a few exceptions. Take care.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home