Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Loss of Productivity

So after spending nearly 12 hours (off and on) yesterday trying to figure out just how Kevin Seitzer adjusted his goddamned sleeves (italics to emphasize the glorious ridiculousness of it all), then finding out that Jere is planning 24 quizzes, I estimate that until Spring Training starts, I will waste approximately 288 or so hours trying to find out a bunch of crap that will never come in handy unless I find myself in a bar with all of you someday. This is sort of like Algebra for baseball fans. Completely useless until you stumble into that one wondrous moment in life where you're half way through a Guiness at the pub, and you hear two out of town idiots from Kansas City say, "No, man, I'm telling you, Seitzer used to tug up both pant legs between pitches!" And I'll go, "Actually..."

Now it's my turn...

"Way Back" in the day, when I was keeping it "Rheal" as a Sox Fan, I used to get up to Fenway at least once a year. I haven't been in "sev"eral years, but the last time I was there, the Sox lost by Teddy Ballgame, and a backup catcher, sharing a name with a Jesuit school in the hometown of the College World Series, had the same middle name as the first name of a Hall of Fame hitter in that game, who coincidentally, was born in the same town as the catcher's namesake. Not incidentally, the Sox starting pitcher shared the name of Cedric Diggory's love interest in the fourth Harry Potter book. What was the date of my last game at Fenway, and who was that Hall of Fame hitter?

That is a ridiculous question...the winner will receive a set of 10 Budweiser "Game Time" Red Sox coasters featuring the very tiny World Series Champions logo...They're a $0.00 value, since my friend Jeff stole a whole sleeve of them from Stoney's before it closed...have fun!

9 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Matty...off topic on this post, but here is the reply I left for you on my blog, just a couple minutes ago....

"Let's play ball"...was your last sentence..And then I said, as your always friend and reader....


Peter N said...
PLAY BALL. Yes! But allow me a little poetic license..I was writing what the St. Louis fans, and too many of the baseball experts (ha ha-no way) have been saying. With good reason? Look at the pictures, and decide. I like to express in my own words all the sports stories (my blog) here, and you are welcome to disagree. But remember...I might be speaking and writing about those hometown fans from Missouri...what they're thinking. I re-read your comments, looking for the positives, but there were not many to find. I'm always a fan of you, but I'm a fan of baseball, the nationwide look at the game we love. So forgive me if I sometimes go "out on a limb," imagining what the St Louis fans, their supporters and detractors, might be thinking. We're in the same "love the Sox" group. Take care..Although I am a little disappointed. But not much, Matty. And Kenny Rogers is the last person on the face of our earth that I would like to talk about and disagree with you and your opinions. Can you say scum??? That's him..pure and simple.
Take care..Peter Your reply is not only welcome, but needed. Enjoy game 3.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Still love me? Say yes. Peter

12:37 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And I re-wrote entirely what my Tuesday post said. After researching further....like it or not. And I hope it's the former.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Muse said...

This trivia is ridiculous... to quote the sportsgal, you're a league of dorks... ;)

6:30 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

You can't call us something I've already called us!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Muse said...

I must be blind, but I didn't see you say that in your post. (If it was on someone else's blog - I don't read them). I called you that at home and you agreed, is that what you're referring to?

10:44 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

Oh, Nevermind

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jere said...

I knew what he meant. I was waiting for someone else to answer this quiz since I already answered it on my own blog. I feel like no one should get the prize until it's answered here. Take a shot, Peter!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jere said...

Where my coasters at?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home