Friday, August 11, 2006

The Red Sox Suck. Wrote a Song About It Wanna Hear It Here It Goes...

Here' s my day in a nutshell...got to work late. Restaurant deathly boring all day. Got a shitty bonus check for the second quarter. Assumed Sox couldn't possibly get swept. Find out Sox did get swept. First three game sweep by Royals in KC since '91. Schill first pitcher to give up 9 doubles in a game since 1935. Learned unable to use pronouns or articles.

Then I read Michael and Peter and Jere's blogs. Honestly, I've been reading all you guys for over a year, read all your archives. This is my 72nd post since I joined, like 2 months ago. We are some depressed motherfuckers. Seriously. FINY has it right. Go to Minnesota and get wasted. And Liriano is shut down indefinitely, so I'll bet most of MN is getting drunk right now. Jere, you're missing out. Drunk is the only way to live with this team.

To Peter, your indomitable sense of optimism is both annoying and life supporting. Michael, your arcane Mets references bring a smile to an unbreakable face. Jere, you make me the most sad. Nobody believes in this team more than you. I am the biggest cynic of the group, except for maybe BSM (time to post again, btw. you have too many opinions to just comment, ya know, just in case you're reading...) And yet, we all sound terrible. Jere's mom tried to cheer us up fer chrissakes...

So we come back home after a 1-5 trip against the worst teams in baseball. To play the Orioles. Which means I can watch them at home, on the TV, not the computer, because Peter Angelos rules the world. I wish the Sox were playing the Nats. Thanks to the same Peter Angelos, I can bearly watch the Nats. I'm not sure what the best case scenario is here. I think I need a vacation from the Sox. After every rock bottom I've always wanted the next game. Now I just want a day off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Ha, I just read your early morning post, and you touched on ALL the bases. Unlike our team....but, I digress. We have to keep the faith...wait, that sounds like so much BS. The Sox better find their spines and put it in gear, or I'll........I'll.......damn, I don't know. So this is what it's like to be a Red Sox fan. This I know.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Matt?

Much of the Nation in NE & the Northeast, is showing up in Corona, Queens on the Weekends, when the Mets play, even w/o Pedro pitching;

Do you need directions to Shea Stadium?

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Muse said...

I don't think you'll have much of a chance to watch the sox or even highlights in the next 2 weeks between restaurant week and vacation...

Maybe they'll get their shit together and when you come back they can make you happy again.

And if not, well football is right around the corner... and that makes me very happy!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home