Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's Like a Plantetoid. It's Got its Own Weather System.

So the last score I saw for the Yunks-O's was O's up 3-2 in the 8th...and I just knew to the core of my being that the Yunks would come back and win. Just knew it. And I just checked the score and doncha know they didn't. Birds 3-2. Thank you very much, mono-syllabic closer Chris Ray. Nice job.

And we won. I'm trying not to talk about it too much. See, I don't watch, and we win. Maybe I'll just stop talking about them altogether. Then I'll see all of you at the parade. So if you don't hear from me this weekend, don't assume I'm dead. (Well, pretend if you want, you know, if you hate this blog or something). Just assume I'm helping the team in my own little way. Actually, that will be my way of dealing with the fact the five most important games of the season (so far) start Friday at 1:05, and I should be able to watch, oh, about an hour and a half total for the series. TJ, my job.

Oh, and don't know if you caught this. Interesting. I wonder how they'd classify Fat Ass Wells...planet, pluton or Garces...I say pluton; he's at least as big as Pluto, that fake planet, but without the out and out rotundity and gravitation-altering girth of El Guapo. Craft stores everywhere are wondering where they'll stock all the new styrofoam ball sizes. Last minute science fair projects will never be the same. Text books are oblivious. Get new science texts. While you're at it, get some history books that tell us how the Korean War ended, and math books without all that base-10 crap in them. "Some say that's progress; I say that's cruel." And on that note, what Red Sox pitcher resembles a Latin version of the singer who sang that line? And no googling, cheaters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

No google. No guess. But I'm looking forward to 2 things now. The answer, and that 5 game set with you know who.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Micah said...

Don't forget that all astrology now needs to be re-thought. What exactly does it mean for me this month if Xena is in retrograde and Ceres is rising?

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home