Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Friend of My Enemy Can Be My Friend Too. I Guess.

It's no secret to anyone how I feel about David Wells. I've been pretty clear about that. I will never share Peter's boundless optimism regarding the fat one, but that said, he really turned in just what we needed last night. And for that I'll ungrudgingly say, "Thank you." That's all I have to say about that.

Didn't see any of the game as I was at the restaurant till 11:30, and even though it should have been a "local" game here, it was on Comcast (the Angelos cartel), and the restaurant has DirectTV, but not the baseball package, so no dice. Just as well. It seems like they do better when I don't watch. At the very least, I do better when I don't watch. So for that reason, I will listen to Troup and Joe on mlb.audio at work, instead of "doing work" at the bar and watching it on FOX, which would be painful enough, even if the Sox scored 10 in the first.

Really awesome gift alert!!! If anyone wants an hysterical, personalized, as-read-by-Samuel L. Jackson invitation to go see "Snakes on a Plane," let me know. My Wife sent one to me and it's absolutely priceless. So let me know...you'll be glad you did. All I need to know is what your occupation is, what a hobby might be, and one personal appearance characteristic. Or you just let me guess...that might be more fun...oh yeah, I need your email address, too. If you don't want to publish that in the comments section, just email me directly at mattysox9@yahoo.com...

Enjoy the game, enjoy the weather, and here's to hoping JJ can be wells today...oh, and Mike Lowell can be my big brother anytime. Love that guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& here in the NY Market, being held hostage by DFYankees, for 2 Straight Innings, Tim Mc Carver did NOT utter the name of Derek Jeter.

3:18 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

That's more amazing than WMP getting another triple.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I loved that post...and I've heard about Snakes On A Plane, but have not seen the trailer. I'll look for it now. Enjoy your Sunday.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, holy crap, jeez! I found it.....could you tell?

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home