Saturday, August 26, 2006

...But You Hit Like Shit

Timely offensive production. Seems to be consistently escaping these boys. We score a lot when our pitchers are terrible (hence Beckett's win total), but can't seem to bail out a decent to good start (hence Schill's and Wells' hard luck lately). Although Schill wasn't sharp last night, would've been nice to put a few on the board. A few RISP hits, and a little help from the 'pen and he should have 17-ish wins.

I leave the Sox in your capable and grumpy hands for the next seven days, as Clan MattySox will be journeying to Hilton Head, SC tomorrow for a week's vacation. It'll be the farthest south I've ever been on the east coast, and I'm expecting nothing less than to walk into a foreign drawl-filled country...we'll see. And I'll have no internet (or TV, I think), so I'll be relying on stray newspapers and box scores to keep me filled in. Or maybe I'll just ignore the Sox for the whole week, get back next Saturday and find out we've surged into the wild card lead. Or are 10 games out. Not sure which I'd bet on at this point...

So have yourselves a nice week, I shall return tanned (as much as possible for this Mick), rested, and hopefully pleasantly surprised at the turn in fortune for my nine from the north. Later...

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

You shall be missed...may the Sox go undefeated during your trip while Papi goes on a home run tear. Just in time, for when you get back. I have so many wishes.....time will tell

12:34 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Wells was sharp:

Not so, Timlin;

The 'pen is its' own Samurai Sword, which they keep falling on.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& I'll be in Fenway, next Saturday.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Jere said...

Play like Mays down there. I heard they knocked down a bridge in Alexandria. Did you go?

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home