Tuesday, July 25, 2006

You Won't Have 'Ol Trot to Kick Around...

The more the rumors start to circulate that Trot will be gone by Monday, the sadder I get. As I sit here in my trusty red Trot player t-shirt, I think about how he's been my favorite player practically since he came to the team. Blue-collar to the bone, dirty, hurt, clutch, up and down, all terms that describe him. And when I watch us play Oak-town, all I can think of is Game 3 in '03, that Carbo-esque drive to dead center to set off the jumping bomb at the Fens, and how I rampaged around my living room, falling to the floor finally, screaming, "I can't believe it!" It was the new Hendu moment, and I relished it. And I know we won't resign him at the end of this year, but I'm not ready for him to go just yet. I have this feeling he's got a couple more big hits left in him. Still 2-1 in the 3rd...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Muse said...

I'm sorry. I know he's your favorite payer. I hope he gets to stay.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home