Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Can't Hardly Wait

Oh boy.

Anyone who looks forward to the return of David Wells probably also enjoys ordering old fish in restaurants, making a point of not getting their oil changed, assuming high-speed drivers will stop just because you're a pedestrian and deserve the right of way and telling your girlfriend that she does look fat in those pants...I'm dreading the return of Forever Yankee Wells...his fat ass needs to retire and Red Sox fans need to stop anticipating his return like it's the second coming of the original Becky. I hate that we ever signed him. Talk about someone with no business ever being a Red Sox player. Any one who is looking forward to Wells' return, please look me straight in the face when you tell me how excited you are; that way, I have a nice big target to punch.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Muse said...

I hate him...

2:52 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Here's a target. Punch away, but I will punch back with my favorite weapons...words. How many games did he win last season?? 15. When he is on, he's on! And another arm for the 3 man rotation? Welcome news. No more 5 innings and out 5th starter. Please. We'll go over this again in a couple weeks.
And in no way just because I disagree with you does that mean I am not a huge fan of your blog. I love it here. I just disagree, and if I'm right, ya know what happens? The Sox, our team, gets so much better. He took one for the team, now stand back and give him a shot. Sign this me.

8:51 AM  
Blogger MattySox said...

I know he won fifteen games, and much as I want to, Peter, I can't punch you. You live to far away...lol. Anyway, I've always just hated the idea of Wells in a Sox uni. It's like that's 30 times a year I don't even want to root for us. Just hate him is all. The fourth and fifth spots are a problem. Will Wells be successful? I guess I hope so, but man, that sucks to have to root for him. I guess what I meant by my post was that you can't really look forward to his return on a conceptual level, b/c he's such an asshole, and he'll always be a Yankee. I wasn't really arguing against the logic that he might be a better option than Snyder/Johnson/et al. I was just saying it's like rooting for Drago. It goes against everything I believe in.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jere said...

I agree with this post. Except isn't it my unalienable right(don't know what that means, but it seems to be a pretty serious kind of right, and it has "alien" in it, which is cool) to not get my oil changed and just keep putting it off and putting it off and then hearing somewhere that "you really can do it every 5000 as opposed to 3000 miles" and thinking that was like the greatest day ever because now I can feel good about letting it go to 6000, 6500 miles without changing it and then finally doing it only to worry that the guy in the Yankee hat isn't going to give the "good oil" anyway?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I need oxygen after that! And root for him if you love the Sox...my spots were changed about him last year when he again and again pitched his heart out. As a Red Sox pitcher. That's us.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home