Monday, July 31, 2006

Groundhog Day

I finally saw a v. 2006 Papi WALK OFF (all caps now because it is his and only his- whenever anyone else does it, it's just walk off)...fucking great. Like I said earlier, somebody needed to step up and take Wells off the hook. I wasn't there in '67, but did Yaz even carry the Dream like this? And like I said the other day, I'm running out of words. Any one have any better way to describe it? He is not of this world, my friends. He is special.

Lost in the excitement was this: we should throw our caps in the air all WALK OFF style for Kyle Snyder who pitched 4.1 innings of scoreless, one-hit ball with 6 K's. He deserves a lot of credit, too, for slamming the door and saving the 'pen. A well-deserved W for him.

An amazing way to get around the more-than-predictable clunker turned in by Yankee Dave; hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Stay cool, it's supposed to be 110 here on Tuesday with the dreaded heat index. That heat index is a real bitch, yo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Dew point in the upper 70s....jungle stuff. I'm still glowing from last night.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Well it's been over 100 for the last three days here.
Ugh.

Hang in there.
Go Sox!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Jess, our weather comes from you..........ugh is right.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home