Monday, June 05, 2006

Where's Richard Burton When You Need Him? *

Well, not such the auspicious beginning for SBF...I will take full responsibility for disturbing the blogging cosmos as they pertain to the fortunes of our local nine.

I just saw bits and pieces as I wandered the restaurant tonight, stealing looks at the bar TV; fortunately I'd eaten prior to first pitch, so no worries about Beckett related gastro-intestinal difficulties. One of my bartenders is the biggest fake johnny come lately Yankees fan (or as she calls them, with her accent, "The Yunks"), so she was a real pain in the ass all night. Until I reminded her of our 12-pack bet on the '04 ALCS. Those Newcastles I bought her after Game 3 sure tasted good when I drank them after game 7...

So, now we have to count on David (Jane) Pauley to pull through on the morrow at La Stade de Yunks...I'll make sure to eat early tomorrow as well. Not that I'm nervous or anything. I'll just be hungry sooner rather than later. You know, just by coincidence.

On an unrelated note, I found myself on Jere's links list right under Red Sox Bat Girl which is cool because that girl is from Maine and she has the world's second cutest daughter (behind mine, of course). And she frequently features a Wednesday IPOD game; which I can't play because I don't have an IPOD. But whatever.

So, tell your friends about SBF, check it out...you can get to know me, meet my family and friends, maybe laugh a little...maybe yell a little, maybe learn a little...

* You'd really impress me if you get the reference for the title of this entry. Even if it is a play on a misspelling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

Funny, my Red Sox page-a-day calendar's trivia question is about Hank Aaron, who had a brother, Tommy.

Tommy A.

Thomas a ...

11:10 AM  
Blogger MattySox said...

We have a winner...and a great movie to boot. Now all we can hope for is that David Pauley(can)Shore up the pitching staff...the bullpen is burnt to a crisp.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home