Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm Quitting my Job

I can't believe this is the game I get to see none of...work-schmerk...The Wife has been calling about every 5 minutes with updates, as my illustrious bar staff has elected to click away from the Ocho over to the NBA Finals, you know, because of the well-known Rules of One Television that state that a championship game of any sort always trumps a non-championship game. Which is how we ended up with the National Spelling Bee (telecasted live!!! What a great country) on the tv one afternoon last week instead of the Espn day game that was on. There was a major debate about it, but Rules are Rules. And besides, it's good for us to see who the future got-beat-ups and serial killers of America are. "Can you use 'psycho-sadistic necrophilia' in a sentence please?" It's all a bunch of 12-year-old rainmen taking time out of their busy schedules clearing out space in the freezer for human organs long enough to tout the "advantages" of home schooling before a live, national television audience. Prodigies scare me.

Oh yeah, 9-3 last I heard. More later after I see a box and a recap. But The Wife said A-Dick was getting his pants booed off by the Yunks fans. Which must have made Jeter feel like someone was stealing all his good foreplay ideas. Poor guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

It was a mega-boo, because enough Dunbar fans had left so that you could hear the Sox fans saying "Youk," (A-Rod popped out to him), but the ones that did stay booed. So it was one big boo. Or oooooo, I should say.

And a few bonus boos for a rod as he struck out on three pitches against Papelbon to end the game!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Mass exodus from that building they call Yankee Stadium. And hey, if I'm ever in D.C., I'd love to have a bite at your place. If it's any way near as great as your blog, I'm there! Have a great weekend, and the rain might be moving East of Boston, rather than right over it. We can only hope. I'd love to have a Lester sighting for game #1.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Game #2 would be more accurate....game #1 of the twofer, game 2 of the series.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home