Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Don't know whatcha got till it's gone...

Forgive me for I have not blogged; it's been 6 days since my last blog-fession. Been busy, ok? Funny, too, because I've given out the url for this waste of (cyber)space to a whole bunch of people in the last week, and they're probably like, yeah, ok, he was funny for a week, and then he ran out of things to say.

At the very least, I ran out of time. Sooooo tired between the restaurant and the AQ, The Kid running wild, and trying to iron out all the details for the impending move. Can't wait till it's all over and I can sit on my balcony with a lovely frosty beverage and just be.

Sox are rolling, eh? Nice sweep of the Sons of Johnny Sain...some prayer requests just don't get answered, Bobby Cox. And, yes, I'll admit I turned Sunday night's game off, but not right after Kerosene Rudy one-pitched his way one step further into my nightmares. I turned it off right after Manny's 3-pitch just-lookathon. They were on the way to ruining what had been a great Father's Day...so I turned it off. And kicked myself in the gear Monday morning when I saw the score. Oh well.

Remember ice cream sundaes in a little batting helmet? Used to get 'em at Fenway, and I think @ Steve's sometimes, too. Anyhoo, My Wife got me four of the little helmet cups for FD! Awesomely silly. So we went out and got ice cream and caramel and whipped cream and had helmet sundaes while we watched the Sunday game. And My Kid loves to eat yogurt covered raisins out of one. Also got the Gaelic Red Sox T-shirt, which I can't wait to rock at the Black Cat in July when Mike and the Street Dogs are in town...

And as for my adopted 2nd hometown/2nd hometown team, El Nationales...well, I will offer a heartfelt hug for coming back from 9-2 on Saturday, for walking-off all over the Yunks on Sunda(e)y, and for laying down in Fenway. I love ya, Nats, but you'll never be more than an occasional summer fling; I'll never think about you in January the way I do about a certain other team. And oh yeah, great to see ole Kap back in the Fens. Always a crowd pleaser.

Oh yeah, one last thing; finally saw "Napolean Dynamite" last night. Or at least most of it. I mean up until the point where I decided that it was maybe one of the worst, overhyped, lamest, awfullest, stupidest, not funniest things I've ever seen. So call me unappreciative of what I know everyone thinks is a comedically genius 90 minutes. I'm fine with that. Really.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

Hurst and Clemens and look to the heavens...

Okay, perfect. You don't like Napolean Dynamite. I was once like you. I saw the previews and said "What's this MTV-made (literally) piece of crap?" So I didn't see it. Then it was on HBO, and I saw a bunch of it. Still not impressed.

After a month of it being on HBO constantly, though...by the end of that month I was just hoping it would be on every time I turned on the TV. I still do. I think part of what made it better was the fact that Chan went through the same thing, independently. Then when we started watching together, we'd just laugh all over ourselves, imitating the lines to each other. Lines that it seemed like weren't even in the film the first time I saw it.

So, what's my advice to you? Find someone who likes it, watch it with them, and watch how it all turns around.

11:31 AM  
Blogger MattySox said...

The only problem with your advice is that the movie was so awful, on some sub-conscious level, I'm afraid that when I see my friends who liked it I will think less of them and not want to share a couch with them for the sole purpose of trying to convince myself I like a movie I hated. But more than that, we won't have HBO after next week as we're switching to DirectTV and aren't getting the movie channels so as to save $$$ for Sunday Ticket so I can watch the Pats totally rule within the comfort of my own home. Even though My Wife owes me a trip to Foxboro. Fat chance I'll see that this season.

12:39 PM  
Blogger MattySox said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jere said...

Well, just wait a while and try it again or something. Maybe when your kid's in high school. It will be a retro-classic.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Muse said...

Yeah, that movie was painfully unfunny.

And since when do I owe you a trip to Foxboro? I believe the only outstanding bet spoils was the bottle of Turley - which we had at the Cap Grille a few months ago...

Too bad we don't play each other again this year. I could possible manage another game while pregnant. Maybe that's what I should do - go see the Steelers in Baltimore while pregnant, that way I don't get killed...

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Muse said...

Oh, and before I forget to tell you, we were out having a bite, and the place had SC on. The football music started to play and her little head whipped around so fast to check out the tv. What a good girl, she missed football too.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I hated Napoleon Dynamite for the record. Loathed it...and I refuse to watch it a second time (even if everyone says...no DUUUUDE, you have to watch it a second time to really GET it" As far as the ice cream sundaes in a baseball hat..*sigh* reminds me of the days of me and my dad....and it's SO cool that she found them for you so that you can pass that along!! Great to read your site. Thanks for visiting mine :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Amy. I still can't leave comments on your wonderful blog. But that doesn't mean I don't read you. Have a great summer. And Matty, great post. And we'll see Jon Lester on Tuesday, against that other NY team.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home